Return to monthly view
Thanksgiving Break Housing Applications Available
|Category:||Housing & Residential Life|
|Date & Time:||
from 10/29/2012 to 11/16/2012
|Location:||Housing Office - Oak Glen Hall|
The residence halls will close at 5 pm on Wednesday, November 21, 2012. Students wishing to stay for the Thanksgiving Break will need to fill out a Thanksgiving On-Campus Housing Application. The applications will be available in the Housing Office on the first floor of Oak Glen Hall. Applications will be available on Monday, October 29, and due by 4pm on Friday, November 16.
If you have a late class or lab on Wednesday, November 21, please make arrangements with your building's Resident Director for a late check-out. These arrangements must be made by Friday, November 16.
Please note there is a flat fee of $100 for students to stay on campus during the Thanksgiving Break unless students have already signed the 10/12 Month Housing Contract.
Students will be permitted to stay on campus, with a completed application, if they are:
* Students who have a signed 10/12 Month Housing Contract already on file with the Housing Office
* International students - with written verification of their status from the International Student & Scholar Center.
* Engaged in classes, student teaching, internships, or co-op programs with written verification of enrollment from the academic department or faculty member sponsoring the program.
* Employed on UMD campus - with written verification of employment dates from their campus employment supervisor
* Athletes and Student Leaders - with written verification from a coach/advisor confirming their athlete/leader status, and stating training/games/events that require their presence on campus.