BrowseThe VRC houses over 77,000 individual slides and represents a broad compilation of subjects related to western and non-western art and cultures. Slides may be borrowed or reserved for classroom instruction and study.
Collection ArrangementThe collection also encompasses a large body of non-western cultures including Africa, North America, South America, Asia, and Middle East.
Western ArtCollection is arranged by genre as listed below.
- Artisanry (ceramics, costumes, furniture, jewelry, metal work, mosaics, musical instruments, stain glass, textile, basketry, and manuscripts)
Non-Western ArtNon-western collections are arranged by geographically (non-classified) as listed below.
- Oceanic (includes Australia and New Zealand)
- North America
- South America
- Meso America
- Middle East
BorrowingIn order to ensure that slides are available to as many people as possible, the following guidelines have been established.
- Faculty may borrow up to 100 slides (for two weeks)
- Students may borrow up to 50 slides(for one week)
- Staff may borrow up to 50 slides (for one week)
ReservingFor your convenience, slides may be held on long-term reserve and taken out only when needed. For details, please contact the Visual Resource Curator.
Please note: VRC is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 - 4:30, and Tuesday evenings until 7:00.
Although VRC makes every effort to remain open during our posted hours; we do close periodically for meetings. If time is a factor; please call ahead for an appointment.