Although these three paths are typical plans that most students participating in the Cooperative Education and Internship Program (CEIP) follow, individualized study/work plans can alsobe developed. These individualized plans require the pre-approval of the faculty coordinator, the department chairperson, the director of the CEIP, and the associate dean of the College of Engineering.
- 2.75 GPA to start work placements
- 2.75 GPA to remain in the program
- A minimum of three work placements is required, i.e., the equivalent of twelve months of full-time work
- No more than five work placements are allowed
- At least one of the work placements must be a non-summer work term
- Placements begin after the completion of the coursework required in the calculus-ready sophomore year curriculum of the participating student’s major
- Two approved internships may substitute for one work placement.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Work = Working Semester or Working Summer||S/I = School + Internship||Opt = Option of Work||Sch = School|
|Fr1 = Freshman 1st Semester||Jr1 = Junior 1st Semester|
|Fr2 = Freshman 2nd Semester||Jr2 = Junior 2nd Semester|
|So1 = Sophomore 1st Semester||Sr1 = Senior 1st Semester|
|So2 = Sophomore 2nd Semester||Sr2 = Senior 2nd Semester|