Roles & Responsibilities of the Student
For a Coop/Internship work session to be successful, the participating student and supervisor must establish an effective relationship. Students participating in the Cooperative Education and Internship Program must sign a "Student Agreement" in which they agree to execute certain responsibilities to the best of their ability.
Participating students agree to:
- Maintain high academic standards and continue to make adequate progress toward their degree.
- Remain on the agreed upon work/study path.
- Maintain confidentiality in the workplace as defined by their Coop/Internship employers and sign any non-disclosure agreements prior to the commencement of work.
- Abide by the rules of the workplace including dress code and safety practices, and perform the duties or tasks expected of them during the work session.
- Set realistic learning objectives.
- Write a Coop/Internship Work Session report for each Coop/Internship work session.
While working, Coop/Internship students are responsible for paying a Coop/Internship
work session fee. This ensures that students continue to receive all benefits
and perquisites afforded to on-campus, full-time students.