Master of Arts in Teaching
Online Supplemental Application

All required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*).

Personal Information *
  • Enter your details below.

Application Questions

  • Full-time

  • Elementary Education
    Middle/Secondary Education

  • Initial Licensure
    I hold Initial Licensure and wish to obtain Professional Licensure

    NOTE: Admission to the MAT Professional Licensure program requires Massachusetts Initial Licensure. Discuss any issues with the MAT Graduate Program Director.

  • Yes

    NOTE: The Bachelor's/Master's option permits the student to count some credits towards both the Bachelor's degree and the Master's degree. Both degrees are therefore earned with slightly fewer total credits than if the two degrees were pursued separately. This option is available only to current UMass Dartmouth undergraduates (in some cases in their junior year, but in all cases prior to their final semester) in good standing and with departmental approval. Even for students enrolled in the Bachelor's/Master's option, the Bachelor's degree must be officially conferred before the student is considered to be a graduate student. Students are ineligible for graduate assistantships until they have officially earned their Bachelor's degree.

  • Include dates of employment, names of agencies, and positions held for each professional experience listed.

  • Yes, in

  • Yes, in

  • Please enter dates in "Month/Year" format, i.e., "01/2009" for January 2009. We can evaluate your application only after we receive official test scores as follows. (Note that MTEL links open in a new window.)*

    Elementary Education MTEL
    Communication and Literacy portion (01) on
    and Content/Elementary portions (03) on
    and Foundations of Reading (90) on

    Middle/Secondary MTEL
    Communication and Literacy portion (01) on
    and Content/Subject portion (03) on

    Not Applicable

    NOTE: In addition to providing the test dates above, you must also provide us with a copy of your MTEL results. Unofficial results are sufficient. You may obtain unofficial results by pointing your web browser to Select "Licensure" and then "ELAR". If you have not already done so, you will need to create an ELAR profile. Once you are logged into the ELAR database, click on "Check Licensure Status & History". Then click "View Test Results." Print the test results - they will show only Pass/Fail, and not the actual numerical scores - and send to us.

  • I do not wish to apply for a graduate teaching or research assistantship.
    I wish to apply for a graduate teaching assistantship.
    I wish to apply for a graduate research assistantship.
    I wish to apply for a graduate teaching or research assistantship.

Contact Info:

Graduate Studies Office
Apply Now
Apply Now
Phone: 508.999.8604 • Fax: 508-999-8183